Providing valuable property related services to our Clients
Mayfair Financial have teamed up with The National Deeds Depository (NDD) to provide a unique new service to our clients.
The most important Title Document used to be the Land Certificate where the Lenders’ mortgage was noted on the Certificate. However, in 2003 the Land Registry Dematerialised Land Certificates and consequently, lenders decided they no longer wanted to hold Title Deeds.
The NDD will hold a Deeds Pack on behalf of clients. The original documents of a completed Deeds Pack are stored in a state-of-the-art purpose-built facility. All documents are individually referenced onto a database and the originals are stored in a fire-safe environment. All documents are scanned and available online via password protected login credentials.
Additionally, a secure Personal Document Vault (PDV) is provided (free for life), for each person named on the Title Deeds of the property being purchased. Your PDV can be used to store all your other important documents, such as your Will, Share Certificates, Powers of Attorney, etc. The PDV is only accessible by you, using secure login credentials.
In the Deeds Pack, will be all the paperwork required for buying and selling your property quickly and efficiently. This highly cost-effective service is provided by NDD for a one-off fee of only £225.00. This fee is collected by your Conveyancer, once the purchase of your property has been agreed.
The typical charge made by Banks or Solicitors for storing documents is £35.00 to £50.00 per year.
This service is offered by a third party and Mayfair Mortgagesand First Complete are not responsible for the advice provided. However, through experience, we are confident that the firm we recommend is competent, pro-active and focused on making your purchase as stress-free as possible.
Find out more about the scale of problem and NDD’s unique service
The World Bank Group’s latest data for 2017 ranks the UK as:
- 7th best country in the world for overall ease of doing business
- 47th best country in the world for ease of property registrations and transactions
- Mongolia, Peru and Rwanda ranked higher than the UK
In response to these issues, the Law Society commissioned a Survey and reported the following issues:
- 76% of solicitors polled, stated the lack of available documents caused material delays.
- 90% stated the lack of documents added material costs to the conveyancing process.
- 88% stated the Deed Pack and documents were generally not available from their clients.
- 56 Conveyancing transactions required Indemnity Insurance policies (61%)
- 74 Conveyancing transactions needed copies of missing documentation (80%). Fees for duplicates ranged from £20.00 to £66.00
- Average cost of an Indemnity Insurance policy paid for by clients was £162.00
- (92 files sampled)
Post-completion, your Conveying Solicitor sends the Deeds Pack to NDD. The original documents of a completed Deeds Pack are stored in a state-of-the-art purpose-built facility. All documents are individually referenced onto a database and the originals are stored in a fire-safe environment. All documents are scanned and available online via password protected login credentials.The typical documents held in the Deeds Pack are:
Title Deeds, Land Certificate, Planning Permission Approval, Building Regulation Approval, NHBC Guarantee, FENSA Certificate, Rights of Way, Energy Certificate, Boiler Certificate, Original Lease, Deeds of Variation, Original Share Certificate, Asbestos and Fire Safety Reports…. plus, many, many more.
Note: Documents are scanned with latest Optical Character Recognition technology, allowing quick and accurate searching of any document using keywords.
- Speeds up the house buying process
- Speeds up the house selling process
- Deeds Pack available for life
- Eliminates need for repeat Indemnity Insurance charges
- Free Lifetime Personal Document Vault for every client
- Fully insured and Data Protection Registered
- Original documents scanned, so back-up provided for ease of searching
- Scanned copy provides additional document contingency