Protecting Investment Property

Price should never be the deciding factor, when protecting your investments

Landlords’ Buildings and Contents Insurance is designed specifically for people who let property. It is different to normal home insurance, as it allows tenants to live in your property while still covering your investment.  A rental property covered by an ordinary Residential Insurance policy, is not protected and would breach mortgage lenders rules.

At Mayfair we specialise in helping Landlords invest in property, in order to build capital wealth and income streams (Property values can fluctuate and the property may not always be tenanted).  Protecting property investments with the right Landlords Insurance policy is essential.

A typical policy can protect against:

    • Accidental or malicious damage caused by tenants.
    • Public liability.
    • Rent guarantee.
    • Eviction of squatters.
    • Legal expenses.

We can help you select an insurance policy which not only protects your property from fire and theft, but also from the additional risks of renting a property.

Find out more

Area of Interest

Please note, for these insurance products, terms and conditions apply. This information is a summary only. You will receive a full policy document upon application. This policy will set out the terms, conditions and limitations of cover provided under the plan.

Some of our latest reviews

sarah daveysarah davey
11:38 23 Dec 23
Excellent service from Darren Dawe. He was pro-active and prompt and persevered in obtaining a good deal for us.
17:27 26 Sep 23
An absolutely superb company. Jamie Beer was recommended by a friend and since then we have used them/ him several times such is our confidence and satisfaction. We have always been delighted with the service provided by Jamie and the team. To be specific, Jamie and Mayfair Financial have always been flexible and rapid in responses to our queries and the market, providing the best possible product for us and always offering a variety of up to date options, and quickly setting them up as well as liaising with mortgage providers. We simply can't give enough praise. 5 stars for sure.
Fran ScottFran Scott
18:53 23 Aug 23
We received exceptional service from Jamie Beer from Mayfair Financial in securing our mortgage. Our situation was complicated and drawn-out, but Jamie was always highly responsive, extremely patient and very effective. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.
Elizabeth StokesElizabeth Stokes
18:46 28 Apr 23
Jamie Beer from Mayfair Financial was absolutely instrumental in helping us to buy our first house. He walked us through securing our mortgage - not easy as freelancers - and persisted to help when one house fell through. He supported us over the course of 18months, liaising with all parties involved in the process and always available when we needed him. I really can not recommend Jamie and Mayfair Financial enough and would not hesitate to use them again in the future.
jacob arnoldjacob arnold
10:34 14 Feb 23
We owe Mayfair and Darren in particular much more than a 5 star review, they helped us out over a really difficult 2 year period trying to buy our first property, and in a process full of people out for themselves it always felt as if Mayfair were on our side. They are transparent, upfront and always there when you need them. Thank you so much. Jacob & Amy

Helping you understand the various policy features

Accidental damage is cover for any damage to your home or contents caused (accidentally) by a person. Some examples of this would include:

  • Putting your foot through the ceiling whilst moving stuff into the attic
  • Spilling wine on the carpet
  • Accidentally kicking a football through a window
  • Leaving the tap on and flooding the kitchen

In addition to the above, the principle benefit of accidental damage to buildings is that your external drain and pipe systems are covered up to the buildings sum assured, in the event of accidental damage.

Malicious damage is cover for any damage to your property or contents, caused by the tenant purposely/maliciously.

Trace and Access covers you for the damage caused by tracing and accessing the problem, up to £10,000 per claim. If you didn’t have trace and access cover, this could impact you hard financially. For example, if you had a burst pipe underground in your kitchen, the floor tiles and boards would have to ripped up, remove cabinets, etc, to access the pipes. The insurer would fix the leak to the pipes, but wouldn’t cover you for the damage to the kitchen caused accessing the pipes. With Trace and Access cover, you would receive money to repair/replace the floorboards, tiles, cabinets, etc, too.

This covers you in case of an emergency at the property, up £1,000 per claim. Generally, an emergency is an incident in the property, which if not dealt with quickly will:

  • Make it unsafe or insecure for its occupants
  • Cause damage to the property and its contents
  • Leave the home without its primary source of heating, lighting or water

So, examples of a home emergency might be; the tenant being unable to lock the front door (making the home unsafe or insecure); the tenant waking up to find a leak is coming through ceiling (therefore, causing damage to the home and its contents); or the boiler breaking down and having no heating or hot water (therefore, leaving the home without its primary source of heating), etc.

This pays for unpaid rent, monthly in arrears. Typically, payable when a rental payment is more than 30 days overdue. The legal protection covers costs up to £50,000 and fees to pursue or defend claims involving a breach of a tenancy agreement, including rent arrears. It also pays for legal fees in regards to evicting tenants, and eviction of squatters.

This protects you for any legal costs in relation to your legal liability up to £5,000,000 in respect of third party claims (tenant claims), for damage to their personal property or an injury to themselves, due to your negligence/maintenance of the property.

Contact us for more information:

Call to discuss your insurance needs as a Landlord and for help investing safely in property